Print Production Scheduling Solution
SchedulePlus is a print production scheduling solution that standardizes processes, automates communication and simplifies decision-making.
The printing business is highly complex: each job is essentially unique in terms of cost, volume, process and tooling path. Most print companies have to operate on very short lead times and with little margin for error. Most current MIS systems and processes require significant management effort to create, maintain and communicate the Production Schedule. Once the schedule is released production management becomes a manual process of hand-carrying Job Tickets around the production floor, tracking them down to amend them when the job changes and hoping that nothing gets lost through the process.
The schedule does not guide management decisions after the initial schedule is released despite the herculean effort it takes to produce it once a day.
In real life, decisions are made minute-to-minute throughout the day. This presents an enormous challenge in business and operations management since almost all operational decisions and communications have to be funneled through key individuals privy to all the priorities of the business.
Fraysen SchedulePlus meets this challenge with a flexible scheduling system that standardizes processes, automates communication and simplifies decision-making -- allowing the more seasoned staff to focus on critical decisions and customer interactions where their experience is vital to success.
- Automatically pull Job information from existing MIS system.
- Calculate slack time for each job, job part and task against its most aggressive customer or subcontractor delivery date using a configurable work schedule
- Automatically maintain a current order of tasks at each work center by their remaining slack time
Allow Management and CSR Staff to:
- View the ordered task list for all work centers in each department.
- Use all critical information:
- Work center
- Job part
- Customer name
- Job description
- Part description
- Number of uncompleted preceding tasks
- Slack remaining
- Promise date
- Vendor date
- Task priority
- Units to produce
- Estimated hours to produce
- Proof ready
- Paper on hand
- Plates ready
- And much more
- Reprioritize tasks with just a click and drag
- Call up the complete Job Ticket for any Job with a single mouse click from the Department planning screen
- Filter Tasks by CSR
- Move Tasks between functionally equivalent work centers
Allow Operations Staff to:
- See the prioritized list of tasks for any work center
- Distinguish between tasks which are ready for them to process, and those which are not
- Call up the Job Ticket information specifically for that work center with a single click
- Log their time to a Job Task by a single “Start Time” and “End Time” clicks from the work center Job Ticket
- Complete a task with a single click from the work center Job Ticket
- Pull material to the Job
In Bindery, where Staff are always moving to where they are needed, they can rapidly switch between Bindery Work Center Task Lists on a small screened tablet device